The Dudek energy team delivers informed siting solutions, efficient licensing processing, cost-effective mapping services, and specialized compliance management tools for energy projects across the nation. We have a comprehensive understanding of the energy development process based on 20+ years of building a focused energy team of project managers, engineers, and environmental specialists that remain dedicated to ensuring projects meet key objectives.
Solar and wind energy projects need to be sited effectively, obtain necessary permits efficiently, and be constructed at market-competitive rates. Dudek’s team of project managers supported by environmental resource specialists and engineers streamline the entitlement process. Our team has extensive experience supporting all phases of the project lifecycle to provide you a team that can easily identify potential costly mitigation or schedule constraints. Dudek’s comprehensive and experienced energy team provides planning, permitting, topographic mapping, ALTA surveys, environmental technical studies, construction compliance services, and operational environmental compliance services for renewable energy projects nationwide.
Energy storage plays a broad role in the energy market as renewable energy generation increases across the nation. Regulators are embracing battery storage to balance the grid, integrate renewables, and provide local emergency power. Dudek understands the unique challenges of permitting battery storage facilities in a wide array of settings, from rural farmland to densely populated cities. Although battery technology has been available for decades, the use of battery storage for grid-scale resources is a relatively new concept to most regulatory agencies. Our permitting experts help developers understand the appropriate permit applications, studies, and engineering needs to obtain entitlements based on the local agency requirements.
Aging infrastructure combined with a grid transformation to bring more renewable energy generation online presents challenges to siting, constructing, and operating transmission infrastructure. Our project managers develop solutions to meet project objectives through effective siting and by fully understanding potential stakeholders’ positions. Dudek provides comprehensive services from routing and siting tools, NEPA documentation, PLS-CADD modeling, construction compliance monitoring, and wildfire management program oversight during operations.
What We Do
Our multidisciplinary in-house specialties allow us to provide efficiencies that maintain project momentum.
Siting and Preliminary Engineering
- ALTA Surveys
- Fatal flaw/Critical Issues Analysis
- Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
- PLS-CADD modeling
- Routing and siting studies for transmission infrastructure
- Site planimetrics
- Topographic mapping
Licensing and Permitting
- Agricultural Studies
- Air Quality and GHG Analysis
- Biological Surveys and Reporting
- Built Environment Studies
- CEQA and NEPA documents
- Cultural Surveys and Reporting
- Environmental Justice Assessments
- Glare Studies
- Groundwater Resources Assessments
- Jurisdictional Waters Permitting
- Listed Species Permitting
- Local Use Permit Processing
- Noise Studies
- Regulatory agency coordination, meetings, hearings
- Restoration Plans
- Shading Analysis
- Traffic and Transportation Studies
- Visual Studies
- Wildfire Protection Plans
- Compliance matrix to facilitate start-up
- Detailed as-built drawing generation
- Electronic real-time reporting and mapping
- EPC support for daily production counts
- Fire Prevention Programs
- Habitat creation/restoration enhancement
- Hazardous materials inspection
- Invasive species management
- Multidisciplinary compliance monitors
- Pre-construction plan development
- Pre-construction surveys, species protection measures
- Reporting with mobile mapping
- Safety plans & inspections
- Stormwater inspections
- Worker environmental awareness training
BayWa Renewable Energy Jacumba Solar Farm
Read how BayWa Renewable Energy developed, financed, and constructed a 20-megawatt solar farm on 304 acres of unincorporated private land in southern San Diego County.
SDG&E Power Line Replacement Projects
See how SDG&E combined 70 separate permits into a single Master Special Use Permit to undertake replacement of power lines across 145 miles.
Southern California Edison Devers to Palo Verde 500-kV Transmission Line
See how Southern California Edison constructed a 500-kilovolt transmission line that passed through two regional conservation-planning areas, multiple jurisdictions, and wetland areas within a desert environment.
Los Angeles Department of Water and Power Transmission Line
See how LADWP is preparing to construct a ten- to fourteen-mile 500-kilovolt transmission line primarily on U.S. Bureau of Land Management land in Nevada.