Development Services for Siting, Entitlement, and Engineering
Development projects present challenges that require a nuanced approach from acquisition to disposition. Our experts provide development services on projects for site selection, due diligence, planning, technical studies, CEQA/NEPA reports, and public hearings. We help shorten schedules, reduce processing time, minimize regulatory risks, and enhance your property’s value.
Site Selection and Due Diligence
We develop “focus areas” based on local planning documents, ongoing plan updates and existing relationships to identify underutilized and/or undervalued opportunities for low-risk, high-return investments.
Our experts analyze sites, anticipate hurdles, and provide feedback to reduce the potential for overlooking critical information. Based on the site and due diligence materials, we model potential revenues and costs, and begin to shape overall project goals and priorities.
Entitlement Processing and Coordination
Once a site is secured, our team works with the local jurisdiction and the public to solicit early feedback for incorporation into the project design. Early engagement helps avoid potential roadblocks while communicating benefits to secure project support. Then, we refine plans further as our technical specialists prepare studies to anticipate CEQA issues and facilitate environmental analyses. Attention to these details reduces processing time, facilitates a more defensible project and provides validation for decision makers.
We provide additional value by processing final maps, grading and improvement plans, landscape plans, and necessary permits (Clean Water Act Sections 401/404/1602), as well as implementing SWPPPs, project mitigation monitoring, and reporting programs (MMRPs) and Conditions of Approval. Serving as the project manager throughout the process means our site development experts can efficiently navigate the post-approval phase.
What We Do
Site Selection/Due Diligence
- Archaeological Assessment
- Floodplain Management and Constraints Analysis
- Geotechnical Analysis
- Historic Assessment
- Land Use Planning
- Phase I And II Environmental Site Assessment
- Rare Plant/Species Surveys
- Traffic Analysis
- Utility Constraints Assessment
- Vegetation And Jurisdictional Mapping
- Agency coordination
- Civil engineer coordination
- Planning document preparation
- Preliminary Engineering Design
- Technical studies
- Water Supply Assessments
- Biological monitoring
- Cultural monitoring
- Drainage Analysis – Hydrology and Hydraulics
- Habitat conservation planning
- Low-Impact Development
- Mass, Rough, and Precise Grading
- Packaged Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Primary, Secondary, and Arterial Streets
- Stormwater pollution prevention planning
- Utilities – Water, Sewer, Storm Drain
- Water Features
- Water Quality/Hydromodification