Water Utility Data Management
Water utilities deal with a large amount of spatial data, including infrastructure locations, customer addresses, and water quality monitoring data. Web GIS can help utilities efficiently manage this data, making it easy to store, access, and analyze. Leveraging ESRI’s ArcGIS Online (AGOL) platform, our experts offer scalable solutions for small and rural water districts to implement water data management solutions quickly.
The Benefits of Web GIS-Based Data Management
Leveraging Web GIS for water utilities enables more efficient data management, leading to better decision-making, improved communication, and potential cost savings.
- Efficient data management: Web GIS can help utilities efficiently manage spatial data, making it easy to store, access, and analyze infrastructure locations, customer addresses, and water quality monitoring data.
- Better decision-making: By using Web GIS, water utilities can make more informed decisions about infrastructure maintenance and upgrades, as well as emergency response planning.
- Improved communication: Web GIS can be used to create interactive maps and dashboards that allow customers, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders to visualize and understand complex data.
- Cost savings: By using Web GIS, water utilities can reduce the amount of time and resources required to manage and analyze spatial data, leading to long-term cost savings.
ESRI’s AGOL Water Solution
The ESRI AGOL Water Solution is a set of pre-configured tools and templates, including pre-built maps, apps, and workflows that are customizable and easy to use. These tools and templates can be used for:
- Water asset management: Track water infrastructure assets, such as pipes, valves, and pumps to ensure that they are properly maintained.
- Water quality monitoring: Monitor water quality data over time to identify areas where water quality may be at risk.
- Mobile monitoring: Access maps and data sheets in the field using phones or tablets and communicate in real time with staff in the office.
- Emergency response: Strategize for emergency response by identifying vulnerable areas and prioritizing response efforts. Document the field situation with locationally aware field user inputs, including maps, photos, and video.
- Customer engagement: Engage with customers by allowing customers to view their water usage and provide alerts when usage exceeds certain thresholds.
Water Utility Data Portal Configuration and Integration
Dudek’s GIS experts utilize the ESRI water model for utility districts to offer clients a scalable solution to managing water assets and data. Whether for a single project and a few key employees or integration with other in-house systems and databases, as an ESRI Bronze Partner our support solution includes:
- Configuration of your portal utilizing the ESRI AGOL or Enterprise System
- Seamless integration with field-collected data
- Easy integration with existing ESRI GIS databases and datasets
- Real-time view of assets
What We Do
- ESRI Portal Configuration
- GIS Data Collection and Management
- Mapping and Surveying
- Water Infrastructure Master Planning