Stormwater Quality Management
Our team has in-depth understanding of stormwater science and engineering practices, local agency policies and procedures, environmental regulations, geotechnical conditions, local building codes, and other criteria. We combine this understanding with established agency relationships to evaluate data, assess alternatives, and develop practical solutions for surface water quality management.
Solutions that Consider Regulatory Shifts
Our team participates in many aspects of municipal compliance obligations under the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) program, providing solutions to meet regulatory shifts towards watershed-based stormwater management. We are experts in the planning, design and implementation of structural and non-structural stormwater best management practices, monitoring, and reporting for stormwater projects and jurisdictional programs.
With a deep bench of planning, engineering, and environmental expertise, our stormwater team has ready access to cross-disciplinary professionals to assist with regulatory framework, local and regional municipal agency compliance, and stormwater/surface water quality challenges.
- Cities, including Carlsbad, Imperial Beach, La Quinta, Laguna Beach, Mission Viejo, Palm Desert, Rancho Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, San Diego, Santa Barbara, San Marcos, and Thousand Oaks
- Water districts, including Coachella Valley, Elsinore Valley Municipal, Goleta, Orange County, Ramona Municipal, Rancho California, San Bernardino Valley Municipal, and South Coast
- Other entities, including Riverside County Flood Control and Water Conservation District, Riverside County, San Bernardino County Flood Control and Water Conservation District, San Bernardino County, and South Orange County Wastewater Authority
- Stormwater Channel Maintenance, City of San Diego
- Tijuana River Water Quality Improvement Plan, City of Imperial Beach
- Trash Amendment Assessment, City of Carlsbad
What We Do
Our multidisciplinary in-house specialties allow us to provide efficiencies that maintain project momentum.
- Hydrologic/hydraulic modeling
- Mapping, Computer-aided drafting and design, and GIS services
- SWPPP Development and Monitoring
- Water infrastructure planning and design
- BMP Development and engineering
- Facility inspections and reporting
- FEMA floodplain studies
- Forensic flooding evaluation and studies
- Pilot study design, implementation and assessment
- Stormwater and dry weather monitoring
- Stormwater facility construction documents
- Stormwater management planning design and implementation
- Trash Amendment support
- Water quality monitoring and assessment
- WQIP Development and stakeholder compliance