Air Quality Analysis Workshop
Designed for planning and environmental protection professionals who manage, review, and prepare air quality and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions analyses, this air quality analysis workshop is a 3-day course presented by Dudek through UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education. The workshop gives an overview of the principles of air quality and GHG assessment and regulation for land use and transportation projects.
- Course available September 21-23
- Live Zoom lecture September 23, 2-4 pm PDT
- Credit through UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education
- $360 fee
- Brief history of air quality regulations
- Federal, state, and regional regulatory framework
- Construction and operational emission source categories, as well as a brief guide to data collection
- Current emission inventory modeling tools, including a real-time run-through of the California Emissions Estimator Model (CalEEMod)
- Overview of health risk assessments and dispersion modeling, including an introduction to AERMOD and HARP 2
- Recommendations for post-2020 GHG emissions analyses and other challenges associated with relevant case-law
- Components of air quality and GHG/climate change assessments under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), including a discussion of thresholds
Taught by Dudek Air Quality Experts
As a consultant, Mr. Grattidge has worked extensively in the areas of CEQA and NEPA compliance. His project experience includes a wide range of residential, commercial, industrial, mining, and educational facilities and infrastructure projects.
Ms. Reed has been responsible for the management, analysis, and technical leadership of projects subject to compliance with CEQA and NEPA. She specializes in air quality, GHG emissions, health risk assessment, and energy technical analyses, and stays on the forefront of evolving science, emissions modeling computer programs, and regulatory framework.
Mr. Poll has experience in air quality, greenhouse gas and energy impact analysis for CEQA and NEPA projects. Mr. Poll has prepared air quality and GHG emission calculations, air dispersion impact modeling and health risk assessments for projects in a variety of industries, including residential, commercial, industrial, aerospace, data centers, oil and gas, transportation, cannabis, mining and more.