Air Quality Analysis Workshop
Designed for planning and environmental protection professionals who manage, review, and prepare air quality and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions analyses, this 3-day course presented by Dudek through UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education gives an overview of the principles of air quality and GHG assessment and regulation for land use and transportation projects.
- Course available September 23-25
- Live Zoom lecture September 24, 2-4 pm PDT
- Credit through UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education
- $360 fee
Through lectures and case studies, build your knowledge of air quality basics, through instruction including:
- A summary of criteria air pollutants, toxic air contaminants, and GHGs; their sources; and related health effects
- Brief history of air quality regulation
- Federal, state, and regional regulatory framework
- Construction and operational emission source categories, brief guide to data collection
- Emission inventory modeling tools, including CalEEMod run-through
- Overview of health risk assessments and dispersion modeling, including an introduction to AERMOD and HARP 2
- Components of air quality and GHG/climate change assessments under CEQA and NEPA, including a discussion of thresholds
- Recommendations for post-2020 GHG emissions analyses
Taught by Dudek Air Quality Experts
Environmental Land Use Planner
23 years’ experience
As a consultant, Mr. Grattidge has worked extensively in the areas of CEQA and NEPA compliance. His project experience includes a wide range of residential, commercial, industrial, mining, and educational facilities and infrastructure projects.
Air Quality Team Leader
13 years’ experience
Ms. Reed has been responsible for the management and analysis of projects subject to compliance with CEQA and NEPA. She specializes in air quality, GHG emissions, health risk assessment, and energy technical analyses, and stays on the forefront of evolving science, emissions modeling computer programs, and regulatory framework.
Air Quality Specialist
9 years’ experience
Ms. Wang uses her experience and engineering background on air quality, GHG, and energy impact analyses of projects subject to compliance with CEQA and NEPA, preparation of air quality and GHG emission calculations, air dispersion impact modeling, health risk assessments, and environmental compliance and air quality permitting.